Not everyone is handy in the kitchen but there are times of the year when everyone wants to go for a special dinner or prepare a sweet treat. Having this in mind, we share these amazing and unique pumpkin chocolate chip cookies easy and quick to cook. And how about including your little ones? Let’s go for it.
Halloween Cooking Activity With Kids
Mummies and Daddies, may we have your attention?
One of the best things about any holiday – whether it is Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Halloween – is the food.
Halloween, of course, is all about eating as much candy as possible. But let’s be honest, it’s more fun and much more satisfying making your own treats. It’s a great activity for the kids, too.
So, are you looking for a fun snack and baking activity with the kids this Halloween? Well, you’re in luck – here is our best pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Cookies are great at any time of year. But adding the pumpkin touch makes them extra delicious and super festive. Trust us, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are amazing. Yum.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
2 ¼ cups of flour
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. of baking soda
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter softened
½ cups of granulated sugar
¾ cups of brown sugar
¾ cups of pumpkin purée
1 large egg 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ (190℃) and prepare two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Whisk together in a bowl the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a handmixer, mix in a big bowl the butter and sugar until you get a light, fluffy texture. Beat in the purée, egg, and vanilla, and then add the flour mixture from step 2). Beat on low power until the flour is fully mixed in and then add the chocolate chips. Once you’ve done that, stick the cookie mix into the fridge for half an hour.
- Scoop 1 inch (2.5cm) balls onto the baking trays, with two inches (5cm) between each ball, and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until browning lightly around the edges (but still soft in the center).
- Eat and enjoy your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Related: Looking for pumpkin design ideas? Head to our post 4 Fun Last Minute Pumpkin Designs for Halloween for some awesome pumpkin inspiration.
We share value. Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Subscribe and qualify for a free year of KidsBeeTV. Monthly raffle.